Home » Posts tagged 'Southern Baptist Convention'
Tag Archives: Southern Baptist Convention
:: Johnny Hunt Talks About Calvinism and the SBC ::
Is there room for Calvinists in the SBC? Hear Johnny Hunt answer this question as he addresses the tension in the SBC over Calvinism with a personal story on the latest U R B A N G L O R Y podcast.
I appreciate the way Johnny address the issue. I, for one, think that when Christians start dividing over Calvinism, they need to repent by valuing the gospel more and our theological distinctive less. This is what I call having an affectional symmetry for doctrine.
::_:::__::::___:::::____HT: U R B A N G L O R Y
UPDATE: This podcast is not longer available, as the U R B A N G L O R Y project was terminated not long after it was launched.
b l o g • s h o t ::_-_::-_-::_-_::5
1. Scott McKnight exposes fundamentalism within the political Left.
2. Speaking of fundamentalism … What to make of this Greek Orthodox leader saying all non-Orthodox people are anathema?
3. I’ve contributed to a series on Racial Unity that my friend Celucien L. Joseph started at Christ, My Righteousness. Stay in tune over the next few weeks as contributors speak about Racial Unity.
4. Travis is an atheist (you can read his story here), but he has a cool blog and his response to the question “What is your favorite color?” is very interesting. It’s the epitome of a philosopher’s answer.
5. Might as well get used to Tony Jones promoting the inclusion of “our GLBT sisters and brothers” [GLBT: gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender]
6. The Atheist Revolution author Vjack informs us that the Atheist blog world is divided over Obama’s choice of Rick Warren. Vjack casually refers to Rick Warren as the “Christian extremist pastor,” then grounds his dislike of Rick on the ghost claim that Rick hates gays, muslims, and even moderate Christians.
7. A Pastor accused of murder claims innocence. His lawyer says evidence was suppressed, but the judge didn’t find any wrongdoing in the case.
8. Mike Fox making a plea not to look at evangelicals through President Bush and making a plea to change the name of the Southern Baptist Convention.